Today is Thursday, April 5, 2012. On this day in 1967 Wilt Chamberlain set an NBA record with 41 rebounds as a '76er in a game against the Boston Celtics.
Famous birthdays include Mary Hemingway — 1908; Gregory Peck — 1916; Colin Powell 1937; Agnetha Fältskog — 1950.
EVENTS & REMINDERS
- SPCA of CT has open adoptions today, beginning at noon.
- This is happening today. Click on the hyperlink for details.
- St. Peter's Episcopal Church has services scheduled throughout the week.
- All day at the Stone Barn at Whitney Farms, 175 Shelton Road.
- Saturday, An egg hunt like no other! Children will search the woods along the Discovery Zone trails for eggs, but not Spring’s typical neon plastic eggs. These eggs have been decorated to mimic eggs of native CT birds such as hawks, pheasants and bluebirds.
- Mark Ingram of CommunityVision 21, the public access channel which cablecasts In 14 towns, will explain and demonstrate the process of how ordinary people can create a local television program.
- Planning & Zoning Commission, Council Chambers of Monroe Town Hall, 7 p.m.
FORECAST as of 10:17 p.m. on Wednesday.
- Thursday: "Sunny, with a high near 53. North wind between 9 and 13 mph."
- Thursday night: "Mostly clear, with a low around 29. North wind between 5 and 9 mph."
INTERSTATE TRAFFIC CAMS
See also Monroe Patch's “Traffic & Gas Prices” page.
Forecast obtained from the National Weather Service.