Name: Steve Vavrek
Occupation: 2 Term First Selectman
Political party: Republican
Running for: 3rd Term First Selectman
Why are you running?
To continue produce the results we have the last four years. What are the three biggest issues facing Monroe?
State and National issues:
- Rising State and Federal taxes, making it tougher for both our residents and small businesses to survive in CT
- Unfunded Mandates in Education
- Rising Medical Costs
On the local side:
- Continuing to budget for Infrastructure needs
- Continue to have collaboration with Board of Education
- Continue to work with Developers, P&Z, EDC and Land Use Departments to properly develop our Office, Industrial and Commercial base
What can the first selectman do to keep the town in the right direction?
As I have for the last four years, as your First Selectman I will continue to reach out and listen to our community needs. We will continue to put out fiscally responsible budgets that balance the needs of our town.
What skills and attributes make you a good fit for first selectman?
My 26 years of community involvement always being there to pitch in to help and listen to our neighbors. The last 4 years, this administration has produced many results. From Roads to roofs to vehicles, there are now plans in place to provide a better future for a better Monroe