The Monroe Volunteer Fire Department's annual Open House and Safety Day is scheduled for Sunday, Oct. 7 from noon to 4 p.m. at Fireman's Field, located at the corner of Route 110 at Moose Hill Road.
The event is part of the celebration of National Fire Prevention Week 2012, with fun, learning and excitement for the whole family.
Those attending can:
- Tour fire trucks and sit behind the wheel
- Watch live fire and rescue demonstrations
- Meet the fire chief and your local firefighters
- Learn fire and safety tips from the pros
- Watch search & rescue and arson dogs in action
- Fire extinguisher clinic for adults
- Tour an ambulance
- Learn safety lessons from local and state police
There will also be:
- Free hot dogs and snacks
- Free kids fire helmets, badges, activity books, and more
- Free raffle prizes: win a ride to school on a fire truck
- Coloring contest - everyone wins a prize