.

Firefighters Put Out Chimney Fire on Jockey Hollow Road

The Friday afternoon fire did not spread to the rest of the house.

At approximately 4:45 p.m. on Friday afternoon, a Jockey Hollow Road resident called 911 after seeing flames shooting from a neighbor's chimney. Volunteer firefighters from Monroe and Stepney encountered an active chimney fire at 167 Jockey Hollow Road.

Firefighters worked from both inside the house and from atop the roof to extinguish the fire burning inside the chimney and cleared the scene in approximately one hour.

The fire did not extend into the home's structure.

The Monroe Volunteer Fire Department reminds residents to inspect and clean all chimneys and wood burning appliances at least annually.

 

Kevin Catalano is the spokesman for the Monroe Volunteer Fire Department.

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something