Get the scoop first by:
Good morning, and welcome to Election Day 2012!
Today, Monroe residents go to the polls to choose a president, a U.S. Senator, a U.S. Representative from the 4th Congressional District, a state representative for the 112th Districts and a state senators in the 22nd District. Sen. Kevin Kelly is running unopposed in the 21st. There is also a race between T.R. Rowe (a Republican) and Amy Todisco (a Democrat) for Judge of Probate.
Other names on the ballot include Susan Koneff for the Democratic Registrar of Voters and Judith Stripay for the Republican Registrar.
See below for information on where to cast your ballot and the list of candidates. We've also included how Monroe voted in 2008, the year of the last presidential election.
Read it over, then visit your local polling station between 6 a.m. and 8 p.m. to make your voice heard! And be sure to check back with Patch for updates throughout the day, including the announcement of the winners as soon as votes are tallied tonight.
State and National Races
Chris Murphy (D) and Linda McMahon (R) are vying for the seat vacated by Joe Lieberman. (Click on "U.S. Senate" for updates, results and reactions.)
The challenger, Democrat Robert S. Dombroski, is hoping to unseat incumbent DebraLee Hovey, a Republican.
22nd Senatorial District
The challenger, Republican Chadwick Ciocci is vying to unseat incumbent Anthony Musto, a Democrat.
Check out our Election Guide to see coverage of candidate debates, updates from the campaign trail, opeds, letters and more.
Live Blog and Election Results
Join your neighbors in a discussion about the election, candidates and the results. (click on the subhead above to access the article)
Monroe Polling Places
Polls open at 6 a.m. and will remain open until 8 p.m.
- District 1: Fawn Hollow Elementary School on Fan Hill Road
- District 2: Stepney Elementary School on Old Newtown Road
- District 3: Monroe Elementary School on Monroe Turnpike
- District 4: Masuk High School on Monroe Turnpike
Not sure what district you're in? Find out on the Monroe of Registrar of Voters' website.
How Monroe Voted in 2008
(D=Democrat; R=Republican; G=Green; I=Independent; WF=Working Families; CL=Connecticut for Lieberman; WI=Write In)
- Obama-Biden (D) — 5,133 votes
- McCain-Palin (R) — 5,815 votes
- Nader and Gonzalez — 110 votes
U.S. HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES, 4th DISTRICT
- Christopher Shays (R) — 5,816 votes
- Jim Himes (D) — 4,188 votes
- Jim Himes (WF) — 408 votes
- Jim Himes total — 4,596
- Michael Anthony Carrano (L) — 125 votes
- Richard Z. Duffy (G) — 54 votes
21th SENATE DISTRICT
- Dan Debicella (R) — 3,056 votes
- Janice Andersen (D) — 2,106 votes
- Janice Andersen (WF) — 147 votes
- Janice Andersen total — 2,253
22nd SENATE DISTRICT
- Robert D. Russo (R) — 2,875 votes
- Anthony J. Musto (D) — 1,902 votes
- Anthony J. Musto (WF) — 113 votes
112th ASSEMBLY DISTRICT
- DebraLee Hovey (R) — 5,921 votes
- Michele C. Mount (D) — 4,498 votes