[Note: Want your photos and/or write-ups from Monroe youth or recreational sports featured on ]
10. Timmy Kelly (Ridgefield) A gifted offensive player, Kelly is trying to help the win back-to-back state championships. In a dramatic come-from-behind 11-9 victory over Staples, Kelly scored five goals and added an assist. For the season, Kelly has tallied 21 goals.
9. Duncan Plumb (Notre Dame-Fairfield) An SWC All-Conference performer as a sophomore, Plumb is a tri-captain for the Lancers. He's had two four-goal games already and could climb the scoring charts with a big second half of the season. Plumb has 22 goals in 2012
8. Justin Brophy (Newtown) Scored a staggering 53 goals as a junior for Playing in his final season for the Nighthawks, Brophy has gotten off to solid start. He scored six goals in a 17-5 win over Norwalk earlier this season. Brophy has 24 goals on the 2012 campaign.
7. Henry West (Darien) A second team All-State selection a year ago, West teams with Case Matheis to give the one of the most potent offensive attacks in the country. Scored a hat trick in a 13-3 victory over arch-rival New Canaan. Committed to play at Cornell next year. West has 24 goals in 2012.
6. Kevin Adams (Cheshire) Coming off a monster season that saw him rack up 49 goals and 72 points, the expected big things from Adams. The senior attack has lived up to expectations. Last week against Amity, Adams scored four goals and chipped in with two assists in the 13-4 Rams victory. Adams will play at Colgate next season. He has pumped in 25 goals this season.
5. Eric Scala (Ridgefield) Considered one of the most talented players in the area, Scala led the Tigers to the state championship last season. The senior attack scored 32 goals a year ago and is on pace to shatter that mark. In mid-April, Scala scored five goals and added two assists in a win over Somers. Will play at Albany next year. Scala has 26 goals in 2012
4. Andrew Cerone (Stratford) Just a sophomore, the talented attack of turned in one of the best performances in the state this season. In a game against Amistad Academy, Cerone had eight goals and two assists. The eight goals tied a school record. Currently, ranks fourth among Patch area scorers with 30 goals.
3. Alex Blackwell (Cheshire Academy) Blackwell is a well-rounded student-athlete who once spent two months doing missionary work in South Africa. Yes, he's a major talent on the lacrosse field, as well. After scoring seven goals as sophomore, Blackwell has amped up his game. Against Chase Collegiate, he had four goals and two assists. Blackwell ranks third in the Patch area with 32 goals this season.
2. Sean Herdman (Cheshire Academy) Just a sophomore, the Cheshire Academy attack has wreaked havoc on opposing defenses this season. In back-to back games against St. Thomas More and Chase Collegiate, Herdman scored five goals. Second in goals in Patch area with 33 goals.
1. Case Matheis (Darien) Matheis set the all-time scoring record (249 points) against Fairfield Warde in early April after racking up three goals and three assists. Considered the best player in the country by numerous coaches, scouts, and lacrosse publications. The All-American will play at Duke University next year. Matheis ranks as the leading goal scorer in the Patch area with 34 goals.